"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Soft cell - Entertain Me/ My observations on Soft Cell's Entertain Me music video


When I first saw the title, I immediately thought of something vulgar especially when you're dealing with a band called Soft Cell. I saw the video, I was shocked, it gave me this whole mad circus for freaks feel to it. Reason why is you see people dressing up like in a circus fashion entertaining in a way would see at a circus. The audio of odd peoples' voices and laughter and what not, I really thought something was odd. I like the little animation bits like the neon on some scenes, my favourite bit with the neon animation was when though out the whole video and words and phrases too. Yes, I pay attention to little things like that. Also the bit where Marc Almond and Dave Ball were introduced was hilarious, they look like they were having fun on the set. I think this is one of the videos of theirs where they used a bit from their album cover Non-Stop Ecstatic Dancing ( like the same red music note Marc holds on the album and some of the neon shapes too), even though it was released on Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret. I was sad that this song wasn't a big hit though, but its a pretty cool song I believe as well as a very eccentric artsy video. This is the first song you see in Non Stop Exotic Video Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment