"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Domino Dancing - Pet Shop Boys 12 inch/My observations on Pet Shop Boys's Domino Dancing



I love this video as well, another masterpiece in video form. The first thought of the title, I was thinking a video of dominoes dancing or if there was a dance craze I didn't know about. Anyway, I like the Latin groove in it, the location Puerto Rico ("PopArt" commentary). I like the extended video a bit better, because it shows more of the main character walking with a sexy dress on, holding a small bouquet of flowers and walking in a cemetery. Which makes me wonder about the video more: did the two young men died over some female? or was this another well thought idea planned out?The video conveyed the lyrics. I like how it was like a short movie with no talking just emotion and acting. Neil singing in different angles and areas, then you have Chris joining into the dance/party scene with his vivid clothing and cap and shiny sunglasses that looks like a mirror when looked direct at. The emotions were high in this video especially the two boys fighting in the water, the passion between the female and one of the young men and the part where she's always rejecting a man: priceless. I love the ending how Chris is just staring at beach at night and some small bonfire and you the viewer can see what he sees. Another work of art, they really have creative minds in making videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment