"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, October 24, 2011

Tainted Love by Soft Cell (Original 1981 version)/My observations on it



The 1981 music video of Tainted Love really stunned me through all kinds of directions. I can tell it was staged propped or something in that nature. Marc looked like Caligula ( I personally thought Julius Ceaser). Dave was some kind of gardener or a game player or something? I have no idea. The actors were interesting too. A female trying to feed him something, a black male fanner, and a little black girl too. Anyway, I like how artsy this was. What threw me off was, where was the Tainted Love in it? I thought Marc was trying to hit on that little girl. It confused me for the longest time. But overall, I love how it was set. It was like art meets ancient era or something. I love how they use art in odd ways. They use whatever that have as in props or sets and just have fun and being eccentric, I believe. I actually, didn't know they had an 80's version of Tainted Love, It was hard to find for the longest! Thank you God for YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment