"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - I Wouldn't normally do this kind of thing/My Observations on Pet Shop Boys's I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing music video



This video intrigued me, I got the concept of title in a way, I guess because of Neil Tennant dancing, I seriously think he should have a dance craze name after him seriously! Although I'm not sure if the lyrics and the video are tied down though. I love the dynamic usage of colours: pink, hint of green, black and white. Well for one pink is my favourite colour. Anyway, I love the whole optical illusion from the beginning, then I realized so that's was one of the things I noticed for their title of the CD and DVD PopArt, not just because they have both "pop" and "art" in their videos but also they use actual art or re-invent the original artists' ideas. (Also in Soft Cell's What video a similarity of the black and white squares can be featured!) The whole video reminded me something from the 60's that was futuristically done. Neil's and Chris's wigs reminded me of Andy Warhol maybe, I mean it would make sense the whole Pop and Op Art that begun in the 60's by Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol. Then the video gets all 80's on me with video game part, I love that scene. Reason: Well you know they are best buds for life, it basically reveals that even best friends can break out in a fight. I think they portrayed that extremely well in that scene. The female dancers were a dead giveaway on the 60's style. It was a very nice idea of using something they grew up around in a video such as this. The little versions of them was quite adorable, I the whole gold symbolism in that, I believe it proves that their friendship is valuable. Just thought of something, this video reminds of Dee-Lite's "Groove is in the Heart" music video, because of the similar psychadelic* look.

No comments:

Post a Comment