"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia/My observations on Pet Shop Boys Suburbia



This video was one of the videos I couldn't always get to see from the beginning. I always see the black and white scene where Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe are in suits, in a room with a whole but a stuff with a television that have the Opportunities (revision version) on there. That's my favorite part of the video along with Los Angeles location. Definitely my territory and its still is like this in real life if you come here to Los Angeles. I love the black and white scene because it reminds me of some comic book strip coming to life and the way Neil was acting and singing at the same time Chris is using a bat to hit objects with: classic, then seeing them in robes too: classic material! The part confused me was the German shepherd sitting in between them on a red sofa, I was thinking something inspired of a Lichtenstein some what at the same time, using their style in their world of art. The director's idea was pure genius move going from Los Angeles and to London again(its on the "PopArt" Commentary if you don't believe this idea was from the director) Anyway, I believe it contrasts to the London music video. Reason I said this part is when you look at their London music video, it reveals the "real" part of London, not the typical London the whole crumpets and tea and all that. I mean its there but yeah you would get my point on this. I was making a comparison on this bit. I love how it shows Los Angeles and London in Suburbia, I bet the director studied art to make a change of scene, I love how it shows Los Angeles how it is, not the whole Hollywood hotspot bit, but the whole graffiti, abandoned cars, buses, rowdy neighbors and outrageous dogs running the street. I like the whole rowdy dogs in the scene in the beginning that triggered the idea of Los Angeles to me. Towards the end of the song, it reminded me of some 90's movie for some odd reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment