"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - Love Comes Quickly/My observations on Pet Shop Boys's Love Comes Quickly music video



This video is a fascination to me, I like how it have multiple faces some moving their heads or some just don't move their heads, then you would see Neil Tennant's head then he says "Sooner or later, this happens to everyone to everyone." Before I listened to the commentary, I had that since of a news broad cast feel to it as well as a night cold night feel to it, since the lighting made his head feel a soft and cold one, if that makes any sense. It also brings out the lyrics too, because it is a sad, love song. I can't imagine him singing in the video with a happy feeling and his face all bright. I also love how Chris is in the video in different ways: laying down on some kind of building or area something I can't point out, now I didn't know he was actually sleeping, the commentary in "PopArt" they really tell somethings never thought of, then he's like the person I think portrayed, he doesn't look happy or excited so that would be my guess. The whole flip photo animation where you see the musicians plus the actors moving like that part Chris just blinked his eyes to this man and this girl smiled at Neil and Neil just shook his head; I love that part, I damn near cry because her reaction was like a "screw you" look. It was a soft, mellow song as well as the video, nonetheless love the video. P.S. The shadows on their faces too were also another key to the video and its conveying.

No comments:

Post a Comment