"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PET SHOP BOYS 「CAN YOU FORGIVE HER」/My observations on Pet Shop Boys's Can You Forgive Her music video


What I like about this video is the colours that are opposite of the colour chart: Blue and orange (also the spinning tops from their Liberation video). This is also a prove they love art, especially using opposite colours from the colour wheel. I like how the video doesn't really portray or convey the song itself. It seems like more artsy and twisted in their own little world of music videos. The costumes can speak for themselves. It's created and comical at the same time. What also fascinated was how they actually stand out through the video and everything else was black and white. It is as if they didn't exist in the real world almost like aliens on planet of weirdness and the real was dull and they bought colours, the animation on them with the spikes and mini balls and so on. I also didn't get the whole ostrich part either, were they trying to use that to symbolize a woman, I absolutely no clue on that one and the whole egg shape too, but the video is really a fascination to see. I see these colors on some of the albums I think Very or Very Relentless if I'm not mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment