"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Soft Cell - Youth/My observations on Soft Cell's Youth music video


I like this video even though it didn't have Dave there, I guess only in spirit perhaps? Moving along, the song has this sad, soft , lonely, mellow tone to it. Even Marc's face had the same feeling. I like how his face turned to different shades of colour, and his face have footage showing I guess Marc's and probably Dave's youthful memories as child and so on. It gives an eerie feel too, I guess the shadows and the black background. (Similar how Neil Tennant looks in the Love Comes Quickly video except he's moving around in angles and stuff and plus he got footage in front of his face, not in it, Thought I pointed that out.)  I also love the lyric line "Sleep in deep, deep sleep, Beauty is skin deep" to me, it sounds like Beauty is on the inside not the outside. Since it was stagnant movement on this video, it is a short observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment