"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, October 24, 2011

Soft Cell - Frustration/My art observations about Soft Cell's Frustration video





Soft Cell's Frustration music video fascinated me a lot. The whole graveyard scenario and having the idealistic stereotypical man was pure classic. I love how Marc Almond is just in the scene singing almost like narrating really. The angles he was in and just seems like some kind of spirit just talking the day way about this man. The man is portrayed by Dave Ball, he plays the person that is obviously stated in the lyrics to the song. What shocked me was that the main character just simply fell out and supposedly died, but didn't die. Even then, Marc was still popping out and narrating, and the part him sitting on the coffin gave me that eerie feeling of how a low life person would get into if not careful. I also love how Marc was going nuts on the gravesite, that was pure acting right there people! My favourite scene of all though was the "Frustration I want to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" bit, where Dave is awake in the coffin and screams or lip scream because he was being buried alive! Classic! I love the location and usage of props and actors and the quality of film they used, it was organic and original, I believe they used Super 8 films for this footage

No comments:

Post a Comment