"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, October 24, 2011

My observations on between Pet Shop Boys and Soft Cell videos

I looked at just about all music videos and saw similarities and differences. When I think of Pet Shop Boys music videos, I think its a "structured" clash of art in original unpredictable ways. They certainly appreciate art, it reflects on their videos plus their movie "It Couldn't Happen Here" I love how they just make their videos, and viewers such as myself and plethora of others can observe what are they actually trying to convey. I call them unpredictable because after looking at their videos, they have different styles, locations, some can be complex or some can be simple. The more as they gotten older, they were being in their videos much less. I love how they use symbolism, artists' references, other artists in their videos as well. They should be actors more often! They are also odd but in a more organized way I think.

 Soft Cell were more of originals or how you would say "organic" they used props or whatever they would have. Actually being on locations or just being in a studio having fun. I love how their videos have like a random feel to it. They clearly approached art based on how they saw it as well. They used what they have learned to progress their videos. Even their albums carried out the same eccentric ideas, I don't know if they were low-budget videos but it seem like they didn't use a lot of money in their videos. Even as Marc's solo career his videos, had some of that feel into it. Then used more computer graphics as the years go by. I for one love being cheap at times. A music video is basically a way to engage on what the artist's trying to get at: some do well and some don't. I personally like to see an artist do something totally out of the norm if that makes any sense. I did see some art references too.

I will post the art references soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment