"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two Impressionistic Photos that Chris and Pete took in different decades.


 This one Chris took from his phone.                    This one I took from my phone, but from the book. Again sorry for the quality of the photo, if you have Annually, you can see it better.



When I first saw the photo that Pete took from the photo session in New York for Smash Hits from the Annually book, it reminded immediately of the photo in a pet text of last month that Chris did of the New Order concert. I love these two photos because the lighting seem to be on the same side of the photo. The one Chris took, I don't know if it was pure coincidence, but it actually looks like a painting. The one Pete took, you can tell it was taken by a camera. The one Chris took have this light magenta colour that I love about and the one of Pete's give off some creamy colour, and they both seem to be giving off some alien being beamed off to somewhere or science fiction theme. You can tell after looking at these two photos, signs of people. At first, you can be drawn to the lighting itself, then looking carefully, you can see there's more in the photo than lights. I hope I don't get into trouble for using Chris's photo for this blog, but it dawned on me to post about it especially the word impressionistic. I agree that these are very impressionistic. It's almost ironic really because how Chris and Pete were very close, now it seems that Pete is still with Chris in an odd way. Now I wonder what are their favourite impressionistic artists since they can make art as they travel from different areas and countries. In a funny way, they are using two kinds of mediums: photography and the idealistic way of painting. Since impressionism have to do with painting strokes with bright colours. It almost reminds me of their music video "I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment