"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money) (Version 2) (HD)/my observations


This video reminded me of the 90's video of Soft Cell's Tainted Love, because the second versions of the songs, the video conveyed the point of the song in terms of symbolism rather than the original videos. The original Opportunities video, I personally thought that was the second version and the other one vice versa. I guess the quality to me gave it that feel to me. The original did have the car in the parking structure, and I agree with the description in Catalogue, Neil does look like a Jewish priest. If he had the same overcoat in the revision, maybe it would looked more I guess superior. The suit he wear in the second one, he looked somewhat comedic: shiny grayish and then with white gloves. Chris looked liked some construction worker with dirty looking clothes and Timbaland shoes and a five o'clock shadow. Which is funny because he was an architect so they both go hand in hand in a way. What I like about this version is because of the shapes of cars, clouds, an outline of a city, seems almost like a animated kind of feel, and having multiple Neils and Chrises was pretty hilarious at the same time brilliant. Especially the bit where you see how money is being distributed in several ways: war, food, petrol or gas, denominations of currency, etc. How Chris was holding books to represent education. The Uncle Sam hat was a big one, yes the government "want you" thing and how the guitar and the sculpture of a figure reveals that money goes in to art or you can make money out of art. The money turn into flames I guess the whole "money to burn" scenario when you're rich. If somehow if both of the videos emerged somehow I think it would definitely would be a wonder for the song, but that's just me. I was glad that Chris did more movement on this video than the original, they are both excellent actors, they really should be in some movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment