"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, November 4, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - Single-Bilingual/My observations on Pet Shop Boys Single Bilingual music video


When I first saw this video, it was hilarious to me. It reminded me of Soft Cell's Monoculture, because of how today's society is in general, only Pet Shop Boys captured the life of a manager or a CEO of a corrupt company mad with power scenario, and the actors are in unison just like they way they dress too. I like how they have to drummers in the video, it gives a Latin feel as well. I got the idea of the whole corporation ideal because, of the grayness of their suits and the whole theme; giving it a dull, this is my boring, pathetic life kind of feel. I also like the scene where Neil and some lady was in a bar and the bartender was yawning was almost as he would say "Oh please, or whatever" then Neil speaks some Spanish to the lady and I think she rejected him, because she turned her head. (I would say it was like a revenge rejection from the Love Comes Quickly video) The dancing on there is hilarious especially the scenes where the flight attendants are dancing on the wigs of the plane, I think that's computerized for sure! and the part like they were partying and dancing, not to mention the pigeon pooped on Neil's suit and his reaction to that. The different sets of the location was good, the grayness maintained through out the music video. I like how Chris is some security with glasses doing his job, it seems he could have done more on that video. The whole computer simulation of how the forests are being cut down and soon to become factories is another way of revealing how companies are greedy with money. I like how the other workers looked all monotone but at the same time so active! Towards the end of the video, I like how it gives a brief of the song Discoteca and having the workers dancing in their work clothes and just that whole is just dynamic for some odd reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment