"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This (live) 1991 [HD]



"What Have I Done to Deserve This"

You would hear an instrumental bit of "This Must Be The Place I Waited Years to Leave" only a brief moment so people can get into character and place. The background have a wave of water if someone is surfing and you see fish moving, that is the lighting apparently. That was another good move. Then you hear like some sound of water, beach birds chirping and see four fish coming about in green, white or light blue? and red(if it was red, white and green, that could symbolize as their love for the Latin culture, because that's the colour of the Mexican flag). Then you have the people backstage getting ready as they put their costumes on and what not. Seeing crew members as well. Then now you have two dancers with wings doing some hip hop-ish dancing, I think it is probably a way that God have won this round meaning that the main characters aren't dead yet. Then Neil and Chris look like mature men with mustaches and surf board and of course Chris' keyboard. I like this bit because of the bright colour of pink and yellow and their surf boards have the opposite colours, like some inverse. It is hilarious to see them in mustaches, Chris says in the commentary they are being chased down the corridor. I could picture that in my mine definitely, more acting alerts, which is another part I love as well. I think the mustaches indicate that they definitely not in their childhood anymore...or are they? I did get the sense of The Thompson Twins on the surfing and bright colours and this Pettibone mix of "What Have I Done to Deserve This?" The back up singers are behind them singing and then you see the female dancers wearing dresses that look like some Dorothy would wear in the Wizard of Oz, not to mention the pumpkin heads. Neil said in the commentary that didn't quite understand that whole bit. I think I can interpret it though: The pumpkin heads and the men wearing luchador masks I think suppose to represent hell maybe? The line "We don't need to go to hell and back every night..." that's what I'm picking up. I could be wrong so you don't have to take my word for it. The props of briefcases or purses and bats could also mean that the relationship one does everything and the other is the abuser but then the relationship makes up but goes back into the disaster. Towards the end of the song, Derek is singing that last bit and Pam and Sylvia are like "I don't think so, let's go." It would make sense, they crew got to get the props ready for the next scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment