"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My art review of Pet Shop Boys's Performance concert

At first glance of this particular concert, it looked bizarre(still is). I couldn't make up what it was portraying, after I watched it all the way several times, plus listening to the commentary and reading the booklet and reading Catalogue and asking good friends of mine about certain facts, even explaining my points about it, seems most of my thoughts were on the right track. In this art review, I will be explaining more likely in detail on what I thought about the overture and the concert on the best I possibly can, and getting a view from an artist's point of view of this journey of surrealism, symbolism, and abstract of art at its best. I gotten this DVD as a gift from an associate, thanks again! They will have to be in portions because of the long post it will be in one. There's a song called Birth, Work, School, Death" by the Godfathers reminded of this whole Performance idea as well. I personally adore the idea of doing a theatrical show because person the body and  the art can portray the feel of the story rather than some rock show. Their ideas were in the tradition of David Bowie's Diamond Dogs or Grace Jones's One Man Show. This can be found on the booklet of the DVD. A friend of mine made a good point about this concert some of it being like their movie. I personally think that this is like a "redemption" from their movie. Because instead of having "0" behind their backs, they are starting all over beginning with their childhood to try again but fail later because the celeb life killed them. It look physically killed but it could also mean mentally too, being corrupted can do some damage if not careful.  I will start off with the "Overture" and "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave."

 Pet Shop Boys' Performance because it's a very artsy, theatrical concert with a moral value to it, and it was a gift by an associate. And I am still currently working on more art reviews to it. I never thought I needed so much time to do an art review but it's worth the writing, and as an artist's point of view, it's something I would already consider as a favorite, I mean you get a commentary that is hilarious, rehearsals, entertainment and a moral value all in one! It's not like something I have seen before unless it's a musical like Tommy but that was more of a rock/classic musical. I would have that in a collection if you didn't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment