"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, November 11, 2011

Pet Shop Boys's PopArt CD/DVD/ My Observations on the album art

I'm no expert on reviewing music in a lyrical fashion, but I would love to talk about the art about it. I love how the DVD and the CD of "PopArt" look like a mother and child twin like thing. The CD is basically all their hits from "West End Girls" to "Flamboyant" while the DVD established forty-one videos plus an audio commentary of Neil and Chris and with Chris Heath. The title definitely defines "PopArt" in Pet Shop Boys's form quite well. Both of the words "Pop" and "Art" consist of what is considered Optical Illusion and stripes, if you would go back in time a bit, from the 60's towards the mid 80's, Pop and Op Art revolution begun around that time with Andy Warhol and Roy Litchenstein. The CD booklet contains Pet Shop Boys photos in psychadelic forms and shapes, images popping out and some are in black and white, and overlapping each other in silhouettes form, pure art. I think it's a Pet Shop Boys's version of "PopArt", it is a fantastic interpretation I believe. The PopArt DVD booklet consists a snippet of one of each of their videos. Some of the photos are zoomed in or zoomed out, its almost impressionistic. Some of them, I could hard tell which video it was. Both the DVD and CD are worth buying because, these are another music geniuses of synth-pop and you have a CD where it is a two-disc set as well as a DVD with all of their videos not including the recent ones of course, but it has three bonus extended video versions with a combination of plethora of a forms. My aunt bought me the DVD. Will add photo later.