"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pet shop boys - It's alright music video/my observations



I just want to cry when I see this music video! What I love about this video is that how the babies were symbolizing the future or new generation. I like how it was in black and white and not in colour. Reason is well, it wasn't the new millennium yet, so it would make perfect sense that this particular video wasn't in colour. Hypothetically, if there was a part two in the 2000's, it would be better if it was in colour, because well the technology has advanced over the years and mainly black and white would look like some kind of "obsolete" feel. Even though colour on television was around the mid to late 60s. Sorry a small, brief trivia there. I also see why Neil and Chris love this video, I think because of holding little babies, and the fact holding them, I find it quite adorable really. This video captures the feel of even though things may seem grim, the new generation would be the solution to the problems. I wish it was true in this reality. What trips me out was the part you can't see their faces, those are body doubles, I was shocked by that. I love in the "PopArt"Commentary bit, Chris said "Out to Lunch," I guess that explain why the body doubles, but I thought they didn't want to be filmed in such ways and therefore body doubles. I think this would be in my list of (uplifting songs) because it would make you feel alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment