"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A magazine plus article that was one of my hardest searches in almost seven years! my little brief story about it.


Forgive me with having the shrinkwrap on it, I wanted to keep it preserved because it's a vintage magazine!!
Here's my little small story: I asked several people if they have this issue and some say they did and some say they didn't. Even Clare and another person had to almost do a search party online! I spoke to a Marc fan by the name he's known as an artist goes by Peter Parkinson, he was searching tremendously to find this magazine at his home. Since it failed, he decided to purchased it online. When he told me, I was practically shocked to my wits and actually cried on that moment as well. He's so sweet, but I didn't expect him to do that much, but I extremely grateful for it! I previously asked another Marc fan and is also a Pet Shop Boys fan and she made a copy, I was too excited to want to read and she made a copy plus giving me a bonus of extra there: there Marc Almond CDs. Reason I wanted this particular article or magazine was because it has this particular interview that Neil Tennant did of Marc Almond. For the longest time, I thought it wasn't true and thought was a made up story, a fan asked me if Neil said horrible things about Marc and I said it couldn't be fact because although they don't know each other very well, they are friendly when they meet, and if Soft Cell was one of the Pet Shop Boys's major influences and they always said they talked about Soft Cell a lot, I wouldn't think Neil would degrade Marc in such manners. Anyway, I heard the Word Podcast before I went to my classes. I was listening about the one After 25 years, Neil Tennant wants his old job back, and the boss or leader of the Smash Hits company found some interviews Neil did back then, in the attic and the first they read was one he did of Marc Almond! I was surprised this wasn't mentioned in Marc's autobiography that Neil interview Marc(I take it back, it was mentioned on page 234 it wasn't in the index so it really confused me. I wonder if it was by mistake or purposely done), I think Marc at the time, probably have a hate on journalists, but I think he could have seen that this interview knowing that not all people are cruel. It shocked me because I didn't think it was true, but it wowed and stunned me and that moment, I had to search it, I found an image of it, but the letters were minimal and I couldn't zoom in without it being pixelated. When Peter shipped it out, It came in two days! If I knew better, I wouldn't have asked Melanie to make a copy, but all in all, I truly am happy that I finally gotten a lot my questions answered thus far plus receiving it as a gift, all I want to do is cry. Then interview is rather astounding, it seems like Marc did more of the talking than Neil did, which I find it hilarious, I would be the other way around. It may not really mean much to others since they were around that time, but to me this is a priceless gem to keep, I might get a frame for it too. To know the fact Neil interview one of his influences, that's incredible! If I do have an odd collection, then this would be one of them, I like collecting articles and interviews etc. It reveals to me some people can be without being under the limelight.


 Here's this image that I have had, but the text is too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment