"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pet Shop Boys/Britney Spears/Adele/Rihanna + 3 (Marc Johnce Mashup) art review

 


As a lot of you music fans/petheads know that this was featured on the Pet Shop Boys official site a while back. I love Mash-ups only if everything is in rhythm and it's balanced. This is an excellent example of that, it's actually one of the few I heard that doesn't last an hour. I am not knocking the hour long ones because they are good, but sometimes keeping it basic is real good too! The title of the mash-up even stood out to me "Did You See Me Moving Along?" It kind of reminded me of other songs I have been listening to through the course of this year: Hanson's "Weird", A-ha's "I Wish I Cared",Depeche Mode's "People Are People","Shake the Disease","Try Walking in My Shoes","But Not Tonight", "Wrong","Enjoy the Silence",The Gorillaz- "Feel Good Inc.", Regency Buck "Free to Change Your Mind", New Radicals' "You Get What You Give", Erasure's -"The Circus", Anita Baker - "Giving You the Best That I've Got",Camouflage- "Great Commandment", New Order's "True Faith", Soft Cell's "Where The Heart Is","Insecure? Me?","Monoculture","Tainted Love", Human League's "Human", Phil Collins' -"In the Air Tonight", "Another Day in Paradise", and Pet Shop Boys' "Love, Etc", "It's Alright", "One Thing Leads to Another", "Lies"and "End of the World","Paninaro"," to name a handful that read struck out to me lyric wise, and some relate and some don't, but it defines a feeling of the power of love to keep moving along and hanging in there. In fact, It's actually inspiring and encouraging in my opinion, especially going through a rough time. It consists of The Pet Shop Boys - "Did You See Me Coming", Britney Spears - "Till The World Ends" ,Adele - "Rolling In The Deep", Huey Lewis & The News - "The Power Of Love", The All-American Rejects - "Move Along", The Bloodhound Gang - "Bad Touch" , Rihanna ft. David Guetta - "Who's That Chick" What's really dynamic about it as well, is that you have a nice amounts of generations here and ethnicity.

It's by Dan Mei and Marc Johnce (2009)

Mashup & Video Edit By Marc Johnce:
http://marcjohnce.com
http://www.facebook.com/marcjohncemashups
http://www.twitter.com/marcjohnce
here are the links for it or just type in "Did You See Me Coming" mash up on youtube, that's what I do.


The video in art aspects I would have to say it's an abstract, structured collage, meaning it have a bunch of different themes but at the same time, it have a relation to how people are in everyday life, almost like the title of the Godfathers' song "Birth, Work, School, Death", but more to the appeal to youth and how the world is today really. It's good to move along because situations are inevitable but it's up the person to decision what to do: either sink or swim. In other words it simplifies life in general in three minutes and thirty-seven seconds or one of the few mash-up that comprehends the meaning.



I hope it was alright to post this video, seeing it's for promotional use only, but I think it's worth posting about, not because it was featured on a band's site but it really speaks out to me. No more sugarcoating things but just enduring and hanging in there; the nice guys may finish last, but I find it worth it, in eternity when you know you all you can. That's what makes it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment