"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, March 16, 2012

Bob Marley - Is this love / Soft Cell - Tainted Love (from movie JUST GO...


 This clip have some adverts of the movie as well as the woman modeling and it's looped as well.

I played this mash-up before I found out it was on the 2011 movie "Just Go With It." I had no idea it was on a film, this mash up along with the 1964 version of "Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones appeared on the movie "Beauty Shop."Now out of all the times "Tainted Love" appeared on movies, shows, etc, this is the first time for me to hear a mash-up of it on a movie especially using a contrast genre; reggae with it. I personally thought it went well with Bob Marley and the Wailers' "Is This Love?" Even though they are different genres, they both have a sense of insecure love or the feeling what happened with love? Could it work or not? I heard several mash ups with "Tainted Love" and I believe this is one of my favorites, it was actually funny that it was on a movie, just goes to show that "Tainted Love" will always be known covered, sampled, radio appearance, etc. This appears on the scene where the young woman in a swimsuit walking out the water, the same one Adam Sandler's character is supposedly in love with. The movie won the Teen Choice Award and was nominated by MTV Movie Award and the Razzie Award. I would say it's pretty cliched but, the soundtrack using mash-ups at the same time using regular songs was pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment