"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cicero - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye (Italian Mama Mix)




 I came across something very fascinating, I heard Pet Shop Boys produced Cicero at Spaghetti Records. It's funny that even this had Something Soft Cell related in a way. A mix version of a Soft Cell song, although there isn't no real lyrics on this version. My mobile phone is limited so if there's an actual version of him singing it, then that's Fantastic! Anyway, this is only more like a vocalization of the song really, basically hearing "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye" and then a female's voice vocalizing throughout this piece. I thought the cover image was pretty neat too, especially using opposite colors from the color wheel! And silhouettes of people signifying movement say hello, wave goodbye. I know some people want to keep knocking Soft Cell as a throw away pop band, but it won't happen considering a lot of artists using their material such as this. Even A-ha covered the song which I'll post soon, I just thought I share this, this doesn't have the same feel as Soft Cell, It's more of a feel like when you drive at night out of town somewhere in a digital dream.
Come to find out, he did cover this song, will update when I find it!



P.s. I don't know that much about Cicero, I'm still checking his music out.

No comments:

Post a Comment