"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Love etc. art review


I find this video quite fascinating a definite change from their other videos where they are actually animated, The way it started off with a row of hearts with he word "Love" on the ribbon and having daggers/swords puncturing the heart, kind of reminded me of "Tainted Love" a little bit and then seeing skulls being held in a manner like that made me wonder if it's symbolic type of art or just odd, but that's what I like about this video. It reminds me of a video game type feel to it, only thing needed was a score between Neil and Chris or a Player 1 or a Player 2. Kind of like Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Californication" video where you have the band members in a video game during the video and have score numbers, If I'm not mistaken, then again the animation is very different from this video. This video I find eccentric because of having a mix of black and white with color. Symbolism I would say when parts of the lyrics is coming to life as in seeing love (heart), luck (four leaf clover) something like that. This video actually also remind me of the artist Banksy, he's known to do graffiti art but not exactly as graffiti like tagging but more of dark humor with stenciling. And "Love Etc" definitely have some kind of dark humor, but it contrasts because it's sending a message "You need Love" and "Too much of everything and anything is never enough" I have to agree especially in a world we live in today. I really like the usage of having a pac-man in there, it was like a sadistic one because of having little teeth like a shark would have. To me that symbolizes how money and evil can eat up on people and with all that fails, choose love! This music video I think have a basic vibe, something straight to the point not something complex where someone need to spend several hours to comprehend. So overall, this is good video and it absolutely sends out an excellent reminder for people: money is only temporary but love is forever that's why you need it.


Here's a Banksy piece, this reminds me of the part in "Love, Etc"where you see couples kissing from straight to gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment