"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Saturday, February 18, 2012

A tribute to my father.

I came home a few hours ago from the repass, its basically like a luncheon with the friends and family after a funeral and burial of someone. The funeral went well, I didn't really cry, I don't know why, I guess I knew he was at peace. I did cry when I first heard about him dying and the last moments with my dad I will forever cherish in my heart. I know he was incredibly ill, I read scriptures for him my aunt read for him. I did have a small grudge on him from being neglected but I guess it wasn't entirely his fault and I should have been there myself, but my selfishness kinda stepped in and then my school work. But in reality, I adore my father and wanted to spend time with him even if its just a simple talk in the car or something. He had cancer for the past ten years and my mother told me on the first day of me going back to college. I was devastated and did cry, the same night one of my aunts drove to see him and prayed over him and so on. The nurses took him off the heart monitor because his heart was strong enough to go on. I was glad and on Tuesday, was the last day I saw my dad, we spent a quiet time together, that's when I read scriptures and saw other family members, family friends and his girlfriend(which did extremely alot of work helping him out before it was out of her hands.) I know it had to end like this but it was something I wanted: to spend quality time with my father. He did say thank you after I read the Bible verses and then after a couple of hours I went home. I was looking forward to see him the following day Wednesday, Pet Shop Boys' Alternative came in the mail and "Two and a Half Men" was on for an hour, and that's when my mother told me he passed away in the hospital. I guess my heart finally forgave him and then maybe the Bible verses were to help him on his journey in the afterlife. I was terribly upset and just shocked, what was weird that same day he died, I realized in Alternative one of the songs have to do with a funeral which was really weird. Then couple days after of course as you know, Whitney Houston passed away. Reason why I was just a nervous wreck (still am one) is because I lost five people close to me, I lost seven + people but I was real close to five that was part of my family. Both my grandmothers, my grandfather, my aunt and now my father. I did care about the rest of them that passed on. I was around these family members more and they were closer. And I'm only nineteen years old, it's not really easy going through several things situations like this stabs you in the heart. I just thought I share this with you all, and what's ironic about it, is that the colors of the theme was green and yellow and that was my school and graduation colors and then hearing creaking from time to time when I am alone in a room and stuff and then waking up from a loud thump noise too. And my dad couldn't make it to my graduation that day because he slipped on the bathroom floor. Maybe it was a way to represent that could have been there and from what other people told me he spoke about me and going to school encouraging other people, so I still feel down about school after going through this but I won't give up now, I'll make him proud the best way I can and to help myself. I love my family, friends, family friends, internet friends, etc. And these are a few photos from the viewing at the mortuary before the funeral that occurred today. Oh and my last grandfather have pneumonia please pray for him, thank you.
Thank you everyone for The regards and concerns, I truly appreciated and love you guys.

I love you dad, granny Mitchell, granny Wedlow, grandpa Wedlow, and aunt Anita and of course my whole family. <3
Oh just forgot to mention, it was a lot of ambulances and funeral cars the day I was at the mortuary.

Jaleen81 ~<3






No comments:

Post a Comment