"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, February 17, 2012

A brief art discussion about the design of Format








About Pet Shop Boys' Format creative review art review.
I read the excerpt about the designing of Format, something so simple signify a nice size of representations of the music: the stripes, graphics, and color. Even the dominant white to mean even had a feel of simplicity. If only Catalogue was released later on, this would have been cool to see this in here. When I looked through Catalogue, I found out he was/is the group's principal designer, it made sense since a bulk of the album designs/sleeves were done by him. I really like how something to simplistic symbolize a duration between 1996-2009. Whenever my order comes in the United States, I'll be looking forward of checking it out in detail and will edit this post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment