"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Saturday, January 7, 2012

So Hard art review/Pet Shop Boys - So Hard (live) 1991 [HD]


You see Neil and Chris backastage with their wigs on and leather attire. I like the wigs, it makes sense because of the electric shock therapy and it's very comedic as well. The background matches the tone of the song I think. The silhouettes really brings out dark feel to it. Then you see them as well as Sylvia, Pam, and Derek wearing different colour greens. I guess it represents money probably. They are have umbrellas with white question marks on them which Neil answered Chris Heath's question was about the song asking questions. I would suggest or suggested "Too Many People" only people the question of identity bit but I don't think it was released yet. I don't know how Chris manage to keep holding an umbrella up at the same time on the keyboard, my arms feel the pain just by looking at him doing that or any of them, I would have to move some more or something! I like the light shaped as questions marks too gives out more of asking questions. Whoever did those wigs, did a good job, because they look oddly real. If I'm not mistaken I think the Canada version of Performance of "So Hard," Neil shove a banana in his trousers and I think it was Chris' idea based on Pet Shop Boys vs. America, someone told me, I could be wrong, I would need to get that and read it. I never heard of someone putting a banana in their trousers. The way he said about the glassware Chris was wearing I think that was a way to change the subject, and Chris pointed pointed out those were goggles. The color blue gives a good sense of rain since they have umbrellas and the synth pop noise sound like rain drops in my opinion. The choreographed movement was pretty good. I like how they did the umbrellas like they were in a broadway musical. The different camera angles too was brought out the idea of being in question. The changing of color lights gives more of an animated feel. Wasn't really much acting here but more dancing motions. Towards the end where they had the umbrellas pointing at the front with the question marks, gives a lasting impression of So Hard...or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment