"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind (live) 1991 [HD]



"Always on my Mind"

This piece begins to start looking like an actual concert number according to Neil. You see Neil and Chris in white cowboy outfit attires but with wings, the symbolizes that they died from the last scene. Neil has a acoustic guitar and is starting to sing "Always on my Mind" acoustically on top of a prop. Then you see Pam, Sylvia and Derek vocalizing, I like the "exit" sign above them, I don't know if that's an actual exit or something that represents death as an exit. Then from a far distance see Chris standing there, I think behind the keyboard. Then the light comes on and the beats are getting faster so you know something exciting is about to happen plus you see one of the dancers moving. I like how it starts off slow then gets fast, it's like they're sad but at the same time happy because there's no more suffering the afterlife. According to Neil, this is the part where they actually perform "Being Boring" the reason is on the DVD commentary and you'll have to find out, if you don't know it already. So this version of Performance must be the original line up. Then you see more dancers coming out and one dancing with Sylvia it was pretty funny I thought. Then you see Pam and Derek getting in to the groove. Notice how the dancers are wearing wardrobes from different scenes. You see two of them grinding, I guess it was sex to the very end, which was funny, what kind of afterlife does that?! My word. Chris still looks like Chris with no smile, but you see Neil smiling, I guess it means that's happy or his character is happy that he made it, and the only way to please the crowd was to be dead. It's almost like how Daffy Duck did this magic trick and when he exploded, everyone was clapping and shouting for joy and he was ascending to heaven. I think I heard the term rock 'n' roll heaven, which probably make sense! I can't tell who said it but I have to agree it does seem like the story continues at the same time like looking back in the past, only because well from what I think is symbolized within the dancers' costumes from each piece or most of it. There's several dances you see in this piece which very culture I think. And the colors too are very vivid and vibrant. I like how Neil is next to Chris, I find it adorable since they are best friends, if only they did something like in their video "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing" or It Couldn't Happen Here with child versions of them. I like how towards the end how the dancers were waving and you seen Neil and Chris strike a pose as if they're black, now that's hilarious. And I like how Neil did the roll name call of all the people of the concert giving nice acknowledgements to the onstage people: themselves of course, the dancers, singers, stage crew, and musicians, I find very respective, not a lot of people do that. Usually wait for the end credits to do that. I know this song doesn't have to do with the three: "Being Boring," "It Couldn't Happen Here," and "Your Funny Uncle" I don't know if "Hit Music" counts but I do know it have to do with AIDs from what I heard. But the three I mention have to do with tragedy of a love one in segments, the way this piece how it started off slow it kind of reminded me how they are probably still in mourning and then the upbeat part was their way to be cheered up and knowing that their friend is in a better place. I don't know all of it, by memory but I just thought about it since this was suppose to be "Being Boring" playing instead of "Always on my Mind." Just a thought. And the idea of them being angels too also bought that idea up.

No comments:

Post a Comment