"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Your Funny Uncle (live) 1991 [HD]



"Your Funny Uncle"

Alas, this the final piece of Performance, it was a long journey but it was good to finally get through this whole concert. I really enjoyed art reviewing it. It was something I never thought I would do, but this is just too good not to art review it! Anyway, this piece you see Chris sleeping on the bed, which he says in the commentary that he love this part of the concert. I know he loves his nap, that's why he's called Kipper or Kip, because he loves napping, I know that feeling. I guess this signifies that it was enough fun for this round now it's time to rest. And you see Neil approaching the bed and sings. I like the stars and the crescent moonlighting really signifies the sleeping. My favorite part was where the singers and the dancers were wearing 3-D glasses and sitting like they are in a movie, like they were watching the audience, it's like who's watching who really. But the camera goes close, they are looking at an angle. You see one of them sleeping which I found comedic. And then another one walking through the row with a popcorn bucket. I was interesting to see Neil wearing black shoes with an all white attire, I guess he really does like standing out. One an bird's eye view of the dancers and singers, that doesn't look like popcorn, I wonder what that is, if it's popcorn, I never seen it so small! And then you see them turning toward their left as if they're looking at the one that's sleeping and you see Pam trying to see if she's up or not and then they all looked back the other way. I think this signifies how you never know who's watching you, it could be an angel in disguise or a demon in disguise and life is full of choices and a game to see if you win or lose, in my case being tested everyday of faith and keep on moving until the very end to make it in heaven. Then now you see Neil about to sleep on the bed, a friend of mine brought up something interesting, If I remember correctly that she says how this song is about the funeral of their friend may does Neil want to meet up with him one day in the afterlife something around those lines, really had me thinking since two of the three songs about it is on here. Then you see Pam trying again and then the girl just moved her head as if she's really knocked out and then is like Oh well. Then they all clapped and waved then it fades to black. Then the credits play "Being Boring" and you see the attire/props floating in the background. What a brilliant piece of art this was, I highly suggest you get it if you don't have it already, even though the person who bought as a gift doesn't speak to me anymore, I was gladly and grateful to receive this as a gift along with Ultimate Deluxe, so I greatly thank you where ever you are. I believe this and Cubism are my favorite concerts this far. Now I guess I'll head to do Soft Cell or Marc Almond posts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment