"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Jealousy (live) 1991 [HD]



"Jealousy"

This is another of a least favorite song of mine, doesn't mean I hate it! But I like the Performance piece for it, in fact, it's one of my personal favorite pieces when ironically don't usually happens: when I have a least favorite song and it follows with a smashing good piece to it. This piece opens up like a continuation to the previous scene. Where you have Neil as reporter again but sitting with white socks on, you see Sylvia and Derek are sitting with her back turned, Chris with his very secretive look and the outfit he wears matches his impression. I usually find his and Dave Ball very similar when they be on the keyboard, beyond their few other similarities. Then you have Sylvia, Derek, and Pam surrounding Neil singing "Where have you been" line and the way he singing was like a bitter comeback. Then you see Pam snatching the microphone from him, which I thought was pretty funny. It also I thought signifies his weakness or he's losing that energy he once had when he was on the road of stardom, when his hands started shaking, well his character. Then I also notice he looked like he was getting mugged, the three singers could also symbolize demons, or something that is eating him up worse than the media. Reason is well Sylvia knocks down the chair; Derek air punches Neil and he falls to the floor and Derek is kicking him. It looks quite convincing, it's like how the previous piece Chris was being tortured and now it's Neil's turn. Chris is watching his friend being hurt and this is the climax to the story as you can tell. Neil rolling over, crawling and getting into some kind of fetal position now that's what I call being in pain! The way the three singers walk around him was like almost people would be when they turn their backs on you and watch you struggle. Chris Heath asked why it ended so badly in the story and the response was I don't know, I think I can answer that. Well I mentioned it in my It Couldn't Happen Here art review, this piece I like to call it the sequel because they reacted, in the movie, they didn't react and that's what save them, but now since they reacted by getting sucked up in the media and so on, that's what ended them. This scenario is dramatic, but it is factual, that's how or most of the time, media and stardom goes if not careful. Chris Heath also pointed out being killed by celebrities that's also another tragic thing that happens too in real life.That line "Watch them play a different game where no one knows your name, really fits this piece, where they are hated and get according to Chris Lowe, "crushed by fame, literately." They want Oscars but I think they have to be in the movie industry or something in that nature, I don't know how you get those. Although they recently received awards for The Most Incredible Thing so that can be close as an Oscar I guess. Anyway, you see Derek conducting to some curtains to open up and you see people in masks having a ball but it looks so deceiving. I thought it was more of a mocking kind of thing, because they were having the time of their lives and Neil is just watching it how it could have been him and Chris part of the good life. The angels I don't know why they were there too, but they have the harps playing, which was interesting. Then I see Sylvia with some whip, I don't understand that, if it's a battle between Heaven and Hell, I would be almost confused, but I think they are there waiting for their spirits to pass on so they can live in a peaceful way. I love the moral of this: Success Kills Creativity. It's so true, you forget sometimes on where you been and get caught up to them point you realize it wasn't that worth it but then it would be too late when you find out most of the time. It can happen physically and mentally. So now you see Neil and Chris being crushed by their Oscars, very animatedly symbolic. Definitely mocking because the dancers are laughing and dressed up as in they were successful and the main stars weren't. I think Chris said "Dead" when he sees himself, he looks dead. I agree with Chris about it being a lesson to fame wannabes because I know how some people can be when it comes to wanting to be like someone or want to have the same exact fame where to the point that they fail miserably at doing it, and embarrass themselves, sometimes it can lead to death or just pure humiliation. When the Oscars where broken in pieces it was like their dreams/lives were shattered. Then you see Neil getting up, yeah I have to agree Chris again because it seems like he wasn't giving up yet or so easily. Sylvia looked quite deadly with a whip it was very believable. Then Chris got back up well isn't dead yet either. When the dancers slowly walked away and became silhouettes and slowly waved at them, it was the end for the stardom and life of the two main characters. That dying moment was hilarious even Chris had the last word spoken through the microphone, usually when people get into their song, they be all on the floor and stuff, kind reminded me of that. It was funny to hear them laughing in the commentary. Again another piece I like, but the song is one of my least favourite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment