"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, January 9, 2012

Pet Shop Boys - Where The Streets Have No Name (live) 1991 [HD] (update)



So we are at the almost towards the end of Performance, it was quite of a journey to get these segments art reviewed, there only a few more to go!

This piece I believe reveals something of a borderline having a feeling of almost wanting to change or confused of identity here and of wanting to belong in the world. The costumes for this wasn't really making any sense here, but it was still good I think. As knowing a lot of their visuals don't make sense, but that's how art is. Wait I take that back, I was thinking maybe they resemble to the "Your Funny Uncle" bit. It could also meaning a cry for help maybe. The way they have their arms in a sign language form of love or how vampires have their arms when slumbering. I don't know what it means persay, but if it has to deal with death related, I see why it would make sense to wear a cowboy outfit twice but differently; that would be the only connection because "Your Funny Uncle" have to do with a funeral.
I like how Neil and Chris are wearing crimson and the singers are still wearing green, it's color opposites from the color wheel. Basically you see a choreographed gestures to the lyrics of the song. I like how one of the dancers is wearing white, it could indicate that she's angelic or since red, white and green are colors of the Mexican flag, it could mean they also have respect for their Latin fans too. I like how she's a ballerina and have constant dynamic movement that isn't symmetrical to Neil, Chris, Sylvia, Pam, and Derek. Now when I see carefully, she has gun it also could symbolize how women or people in general do anything for money even murder. And seeing how she keep pointing at Neil, it could also mean that Neil and Chris or their characters were on the borderline between life and death which route would they chose? Also noticing how the female dancer is still around Neil seems like she wants more than she wants, and he sticks his tongue out at her which could mean "No, I don't think so..." Then appears two more dancers in white, one looks like Lady GaGa with the hair and one with a longer dress seems like a soul singer trying to catch the other one, probably portraying a drunken one. They seem to be laughing and messing with the others because apparently they think what they are doing is fun and reckless while the others remain cool and untampered with. Then you a male dancer dressing like a cowboy and dancing like he can be in a broadway musical. Then you have more of the coming out as well. This version of the song doesn't have "I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" which the original footage according to Neil in the commentary it was a publishing problem and they weren't allowed to sing it. However, a friend told me there's an audio on the audio menu one of the audio mixes it does include "I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You".It was strange to not play the song but I like the fact the bit was still in there in spirit well instrumentally, but I have to agree, it did sound weird without it. Now also when I think about it even more, it seems that the dancers in white have potential but at the same time, they seem like misfits. I mean the title of the song would make perfect sense in this case. I love the hat Chris wears in this piece, I forgot what you call those kind of hats. I like how the background changed into a night type of scene, the lighting is perfect here. So now Chris Heath asked a question and Neil says it's suppose to be where they sold out, but I still think there's more to that than being sold out on this scene. I was somewhat right I think now he says that they are being seduced by show business especially the part where the dancer that had a gun and seems to be hitting on Neil's character. It would make sense because it's a dog eat dog world out there, and it's like you either survive or die.Then you see the dancers sound like they are gossiping, that's what happens also and that's where things start to ignite the deadly flame. They also mention on the Tonight Show where Chris Lowe walked off the stage performing this song. I feel so bad for him when I heard that, but should know by now that's he's just as important in the group. It's funny he doesn't remember that, I wonder if he's lying there. Speaking of Pet Shop Boys vs. America I need to get book! The dancing towards the end of this piece, I love how it really looks like something off of broadway with only a few dancers and things. Really good bit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment