"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Marc Almond makes Mince Pies




Marc Almond makes Mince Pies
I have been wanting to see this for quite a while, I saw an excerpt from a clip about Soft Cell, and it was said they were the only band that were at their game and having an appearance from a cooking show, I thought that was so cool! It’s like making history. Again, some like to throw away this band but they are worth it, if you like raw, organic art. If not, then it’s not your type of music of course.

This was taken place called Riverside (almost funny because my previous college was called University of California Riverside, I thought it was awesome!) Anyway, this was back in 1983. Marc Almond and the hostess were making mince pies. Marc was a bit nervous because he never done things like that before. He seems to know what he was doing because it seems like he knew what to do. I love his sweater, very artsy. I think he wanted it off because he was cooking and it was probably hot in the studio and then the hostess took it off of him I guess he doesn’t want to get fuzz from the sweater mixed with the dough mix, smart move I think! It’s quite nice to see things like this, it reveals that Marc has a soft side and he can do other things in the art world. The music sounded like a 60’s show or something. They also had made cakes that look magnificent almost should be in a float and added their creativeness to it. It’s one of Marc’s happiest moments I bet. I guess when Marc doesn’t perform, he can be nervous because that’s out of his element, it was said once before that when he sings he feels different, but other than that, he’s quite nervous. He got better over the years though. This was also during Christmas time as well, it was hilarious he was wearing all black, but that’s Marc for you!

All credit for the upload was Kevm1986, and was glad he gave me permission to post this up and discuss it. I like seeing things like that with artist, now there are probably other artists that done these type of things but I heard it on a video that he was only one that did that and was a big pop star. It goes to prove that not all artists are in for the fame.  Thank you again Kevm1986!!

No comments:

Post a Comment