"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Sunday, April 22, 2012

T-Total Ft. Marc Almond - Baby's on Fire art review

 

This video got art written all over it, from comic book art and a modern version of Pop Art and optical illusion. Not only that but also a neat contrast between color and black and white. I also like the fact the outfit Marc wears matches a lot of the pop out and moving words, and even have the words “Baby’s On Fire” even the band T-Total were matching. The part where Marc says “the photographers snip snap, you hear camera noises, it reminded immediately the audio clean version of Soft Cell’s “Sex Dwarf” when he stated get my little camera take a pretty picture, you also hear noises of a camera. I did noticed how Marc isn’t like he used to be on the camera, moving all over the place, I mean he still does it, and you can’t argue that this video he does, but it’s not like a prancing motion, it’s more structured and mature, but he does more of acting gestures in this video.  The objects moving every which way in the video also kind of reminded me of La Roux’s “Bulletproof” video in an odd way, then again it’s the UK, but I like the effects it have; especially when Marc sings and certain key words would pop up.  The dominant colors in the video are red, white and blue, black, white and pink, there’s more colors of course but those were the dominant ones I saw. The effects of the noises were fascinating, was it suppose to be a woman in agony or something, I mean henceforth the title. At first, I thought it was about an infant being on fire, with Marc, it’s pretty unpredictable, but then after I thought about a woman and it made more sense, talking about being melancholy. I personally love this video, one of Marc’s best work in the 2000’s shows that he is still vibrant and hanging in there. This video is also vintage because of certain parts Marc looks all comic book like with all the dots, something Lichtenstein based and then the microphone he uses as vintage like the one in Soft Cell’s “Torch” video.  So in other words this video is worth watching, if you haven’t seen it! Also it really feels like a continuation of Soft Cell’s “What” video because of the several art references and a hint of “A Lover Spurned” too and the lyrics are pretty comical. 

2 comments:

  1. It is awesome post.I am impressed at here.I will come back as soon.Can you more share with me.




    Thanks for more info......







    dog clothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks I'm glad you like it! :D I'm currently working on more posts as we speak! Will post more very soon :D and thank you again, May I ask what's your name?

      Delete