"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, April 16, 2012

Rowan Atkinson as Marc Almond

   
I remember this parody like it was yesterday, Rowan Atkinson portrayed Marc Almond on this, when I was younger I felt kind of offended by it, but of course I was really immature at the time and didn’t know better, but as of now, I thought it was pretty funny, I didn’t see a point it was trying to convey unless saying Marc’s voice sounds fake and it’s only used on a tape or saying. I heard that his voice was out of tune a lot, but I think that’s the beauty of his voice though. They omitted the song on this clip, it’s a song about Whales I think it was bizarre. I think I read that Marc said that Rowan could have done a better job, Only thing I would say about that is that Rowan needed to sound more nervous and laughing through and a bit of stammering because that’s how Marc really talks when, well when I see him interviews. The interviewer said they were on the Whistle Test, I don’t remember seeing that Whales clip on Whistle test, it just looked like some sing a-long type thing, that’s what I remember, I maybe wrong. But over all, it’s pretty hilarious, I mean he dressed up like Marc really well, I believe so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment