"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, August 13, 2012

Pet Shop Boys at the Closing Ceremonies

Yesterday, multiple bands/artists like Pet Shop Boys, Madness, Beady Eye, Jessie J, Fatboy Slim, Spice Girls Annie Lennox,The Who, George Michael, many others along with tributes of John Lennon, David Bowie. Freddie Mercury; having choirs, marching bands and many other forms of art of the London culture. But one of the ones I really adore were the Pet Shop Boys, even though it was brief, I was finally glad to see them on something that was broadcasted on NBC, was absolutely grateful, because you barely hear anything of them on television unless it's a music channel. Sadly that's how America is with a lot of UK bands if they aren't in the legendary realm yet. You practically have to do a handful amount of research just to know where they are.
The first photo you see here, I saw this on tumblr, I don't know where it originates on a website but I do like pre photos meaning before the show the real deal. Apparently they are on rickshaws, I can actually hear "Chariots of Fire" going in my head when I see them on these for some odd reason. I guess because of the next photo to the right it look like an abstract version of fire or something. Actually what they were wearing and the colors, well to me obviously brought up something quite familiar from their previous material. Well they wore cone hats in the music video "Can You Forgive Her?"and ironically the dominant color would be orange because their album Very (lego casing) was primarily orange. Also the blue lighting in the background and the orange rickshaws/abstract head wear, that's another clue to me that it reminded me of the "Can You Forgive Her?" video because those two colors were very dominant in the video. If you also look closely on the photo even the background had triangles so it's like a three forms of triangular/pointy forms and shapes: the abstract heads, the cone hats and the triangles in the back! How artsy can you get?? Gareth Pugh are behind the outfits, the black jacket Neil wears looks quite similar to the one he wore in the Brit Awards(same one with Brandon Flowers and Lady Gaga) but the one Chris wears looks practically new and different. I am getting a sense of a black crow in their outfits. It would make sense because of Chris' outfit looks feathery and the cone hats for some reason, almost look like a beak or something. (I found out on a photo that someone used Chariot of Fire, on an article, I guess I rest my case when I thought about that then!!) Anyway, the closing ceremonies blew me away! So much talent and legends performing and newer generations keeping the balance. And thank God for DVRs I would have honestly missed it, if I didn't have one! I personally wished there were some more artists that would be in it, but I know because of time and all, it's understandable. I just remember in the "Can You Forgive Her?" video did have two species of bird: an ostrich and ducks. So in a way I can see where the bird reference came from a wee bit. I love how the people were doing the dance for "West End Girls"very unified! That song seriously will never get old. I forgot to mention this the suits the guys are wearing look like something from Tim Burton's Beetlejuice, because the main character Beetlejuice wears a suit with black and white stripes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment