"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversry drawing/ reflection post

Another year for an anniversary drawing, I had a birthday so I was busy yesterday. But today I worked on this drawing to wish a happy 31st anniversary to the Pet Shop Boys. I would like to also discuss about how I became a fan of their work since I don't have an actual day when I became a fan. But it was around this time I bought the Pandemonium CD/DVD at Barnes and Nobles, was with a friend who is stuff into the new music today, but I'm completely the opposite but I do have a few exceptions of course. I was 18 at the time because my birthday is strange but it's right next to the day Pet Shop Boys met back in 1981, I find it so cool! I enjoyed the CD/DVD, and I had music of theirs I downloaded a lot before then but fully gotten into them. Met some cool fans and some weird fans, some actually thinking they are number one fans. I guess we all feel that way but it's the way they present themselves and the sad thing is that they are older than me and act childish, but it's fine. It's inevitable to meet fans like that, even my Marc Almond fan friends encountered the same thing. It gets annoying because it takes the joy of enjoying the band, but I came to realize, why in the world let some ignorant fans ruin your joy? I was actually on edge of doing so, but I love the band because they have the artistic sense, and don't dare to be different they do what they like and experiment and that's what artists are suppose to do. They are like a proper version of Soft Cell, because they aren't too extreme and it fits them perfectly. Even though some of the choices they done through the years weren't too good but somehow go pass it and still do smashingly! And the astonishing part is that they never really took a long, long break at all, and they are still continuing strong, I can honestly see why Marc was jealous of them back in the day, even though Soft Cell was one of their influences in their material. The fact they did numerous collaborations and doing experimental works beyond their years, it's quite amazing. I think after all of this, it made adore their work even more, sometimes I wish I was in the UK to be fortunate to even see what and how they work like some tour or something. Listening to commentaries and watching concerts and music videos, it's like wow, like my mother said "Only two people?" You'd think it's like 4 or 5 people but it's only two along several musicians and people that are also known or were getting there. All I can truly say is that I'm proud of being an African American fan of their work, and hope to continue to see more brilliant material! I also done art work of them because of requests by fans or just drawing on my own and was glad that I can still draw after a long hiatus! Happy 31st anniversary Pet Shop Boys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment