"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 8-21, 1982 Smash Hits issue anniversary

I know this is on here on my previous post but I didn't do an actual anniversary for this, I don't think. But anyway, you can probably guess why I'm posting about this. Thirty years ago today was when Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys interviewed Marc Almond of Soft Cell and did a review of Boy George of The Culture Club. The interview of Marc Almond is rare to find and easily forgotten but if you remember the podcast where Neil wanted his old job back one of the people of Smash Hits read the first bit of the interview to guess who he was talking about. However, I believe the review of Boy George was more of a controversy because on the Brit Awards 1988 If I'm not mistaken, he wanted to punch Neil in the face for it. But they are friends now thankfully. And I'm assuming because after what a friend revealed to me on Wayne Studer's site of Pet Shop Boys information it seems like Pet Shop Boys are still influenced by Soft Cell. Also in other news, you know this is a funny chain because tomorrow is Marc Almond's 55th birthday and on Tuesday is Neil Tennant's 58th birthday, I'm currently working on a drawing should be done this week so stay tuned!
<< Here's the full interview page of Marc Almond. >> here's a better look of the interview. And at the bottom you can see the Boy George one and Here's the July 8-21, 1982 Issue. Just click on the image and it takes you to the images of what's inside the magazine! Just in case you can't see them here and of course see what's also in this issue!


No comments:

Post a Comment