"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, June 11, 2012

My art review on Pet Shop Boys Invisible video.



I’m still not so keen on the song itself, it’ll grow me soon though. I don’t mind depressing songs but it’s really, really sad. The rumours behind on what’s it about, I don’t blame the song being the way it is. I know, along with several fans knew it was an official leak. It sounded sincere compare the false demos people had. This is an official track, I would not change my view because it’s Pet Shop Boys because that's being false and when I like something I like it because of me, not because it's a band, not really logical isn't and forcing to like something is even worse I find, in fact, they both go hand in hand really! I don’t hate their music, and I’m still excited about the new album, even the title itself Elysium is something I really didn’t expect since they don’t believe in God, yet the word meaning afterlife, it also consist of mythology as well as astronomy which is quite impressive! However, I think the video is magnificent; it’s amazing that it’s a depressing track yet the portrait of the guy along with the background had color! It kinda reminded me of how Tim Burton’s movie The Corpse Bride had a similar effect to that whole concept where the dead was colorful and the living was dull almost black and white. Not only that I was in art history class in my first year back in school and the concept of this piece really reminded me of Viking Eggeling’s 1924“Sypmphonie Diagonale” mixed Keith Haring with a hint of Roy Lichtenstein, especially the thickness of the lines, the colors and it’s every abstract. “Symphonie Diagonale” is very abstract and experimental just like this track and it’s piece as follows. I like how the guy was moving around giving as the portrait within itself moves and changes form and sometimes match the background and sometimes not. Like I said, I don’t hate the track, it’ll grow on me in time, it just threw me off, and then by being surrounded by a lot of negativity in my lifetime personally wasn’t really expecting this, but don’t think I hate Pet Shop Boys because that’s NOT the case at all and again I am excited about the new album and hope there’s more art videos! I'll work more posts in a moment, but I wanted to post about this before my mind slipped away! 









No comments:

Post a Comment