"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, June 22, 2012

Smash Hits Yearbook 1983

This is another addition to my Smash Hits collection, this is the 1983 yearbook of Smash Hits! I read that Neil Tennant edited this one along with the 1982 and the 1984 year book. And Editing is a form of art believe it or not. I will do another post about this one as well! This book is really more than I expected which is really good because, I gotten my money's worth for this! It had Marc Almond as one of the photos and then this was only one of the ones I can get that's cheaper and easier to find of the three. It consist of a photo of Soft Cell, the Stevie Wonder Story, Simon Le Bon about his best ideas and the color of his socks, The Smash Hits Diary 1983, Martin Gore as Sherlock Holmes,  The Best-dressed Chests/On the Button,The Police: 1977-82 and so much more! The thing that struck me as more than expected right before the Soft Cell photo, The Best-Dressed Chests were photos of what it seems to be the Smash Hits team, Tee Set in their shirts of bands and different art or artists, and the fact it was done by Eric Watson too! And two of the photos were vaguely familiar one of Krysia of a WAH! shirt which is also  can be found in the Pet Shop Boys, Annually book and the other one was of Neil in a Mao art looking shirt, it's a photo I see from various internet pages which I thought was pretty cool to see familiar photos  from this book! And what's funny is that the two photos are vertically from each other! I can tell right now, I am going to really enjoy this book as well as the Best of Smash Hits books! So much art it's mind bottling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment