"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Monday, September 17, 2012

Tim Pope (And Friends) - I Want To Be A Tree review



While having some Pet Shop Boys related drafts underway, I thought I discuss about this video. This was one of the videos I saw when I became a Soft Cell fan. Quite interesting because this is Tim Pope and friends that made a video of his song called "I Want to Be a Tree". The song is quite funny and you get a whiff of different artists from well known bands that he directed videos from. The artists includes Style Council, Freur, Robert Smith, Lauren Tolhurst, Siouxsie Sioux, Budgie, Soft Cell, Paul Young, and Mark Hollis. The video is hilarious and silly, you get to see the artists' shy, crazy side in the video, like Soft Cell threw pies at Pope. I'm glad it's still on here because it captures such rare moments like this because artists often change, believe me, I know. This is a video of interest and the director too. He did a lot of videos with artists you are more likely familiar with.

Rare rough copy of the original video for director Tim Pope's song I Want To Be A Tree, shown on The Whistle Test in 1984. According to Pope: "my bloody office at cowboy films lost the original of the tree video", and this is all that survives. Kudos to anyone who can name each member of the all-star cast. << This is what YouTube or the person that uploaded the video said about it, well more like the information about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment