"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quick Update



I have been focus on reading and writing lately. Ever since I gotten The Soft Cell biography book as a gift by a dear UK friend Elaine, and watching several documentaries, it really inspire me to explore a different approach with art. I won’t stop drawing and painting, but I will do more of writing, also since August is approaching school and I have school coming up, it’s a great exercise and practice to keep my mind focus. With that being said, the Soft Cell biography, I was actually trying to catch up with it since I did read the unauthorized Pet Shop Boys biography which is really good as well, actually learned a lot about them, very recommendable if you haven’t gotten it yet. The Soft Cell biography is very raw, probably even make you wonder why you’d like a band like this, but at least it’s not sugar coating anything, I learned a lot about Marc Almond and Dave Ball, seems like they have a lot more similarities to the Boys than I thought! It is quite emotional especially Dave Ball lost his father at 17, I lost mine at 19, never knew that, it opened a lot of doors and answers about them.  But it’s very different from Marc’s autobiography Tainted Life, from the bits I read of course. So far I’m on chapter 4 almost on chapter 5 and I’m on chapter 7 with Pet Shop Boys’ biography Introspective book.  But just letting you guys know why the delay of posting.  But I’m still here alive and well.  Once I complete these books I will post an actual post on what I thought and descriptions. They will be coming in soon as well as many other posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment