"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Friday, February 17, 2012

The World says goodbye again to another icon: Whitney Houston








My brief discussion about Whitney Houston

I was just in an absolute shock when my aunt told me Whitney Houston passed away. I already was grieving of my father that passed away and then now Whitney. I heard about her a while back that she gotten booed off the stage and the fans wanted their money back from a tour she had and I believe they were European fans too. That stunned me because I know she had the voice, but after the drugs and all, it must have been really bad at the time, if fans wanted their refund. But the final days of her life, I believe she was making her life right and kept going to the final end, even heard that she knew it was the end for her. I somewhat grew up with listening her music as well as several artists. I don't remember but my late grandmother told me when I was in the beauty salon, I actually saw the singer Brandy, she was getting her hair done, before they did the premier of Cinderella, I wish I can remember something so awesome as seeing Brandy and having a conversation with her. The reason I mention this is because Whitney was also in this movie, she played the fairy godmother, I don't think she was there but, also she did went out with Brandy's brother Ray J before being with Bobby Brown. So they were pretty close, I'm sure and even Whitney gave Brandy a note around her final days and she isn't going to reveal what it is. That's good though because some things are better left confidental. I seen Houston in other movies such as The Preacher's Wife, Waiting to Exhale, and The Bodyguard. The songs I love by her are "How Will I Know", "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "I Believe in You and Me", "I Will Always Love You"(Dolly Parton song), "I'm Every Woman", "You Give Good Love", "Saving All My Love for You", "He Fills Me Up/All The Man That I Need", "Help is On the Way", "Step by Step", "For the Love of You" (Isleys Brothers' song), even start liking the duet with George Michael "If I Told You That." She always be remember as an international artist icon, I don't know about modeling, but she did that too once before. Again I was devastated when I found out her death, she'll be greatly remembered and her birthday was nine days before mine and she did look good at 48. So it was Etta James, Don Cornelius, and now Whitney Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment