"When our spelling is perfect, it's invisible. But when it's flawed, it prompts negative associations." - Marilyn vos Savant



Saturday, January 7, 2012

So Sorry, I Said art review/PET SHOP BOYS So Sorry I Said [Live]


I know it's been a while since I posted anything on here, I have been going through some things as well as getting into other stuff and trying to go back to college, if you think I was gone, you've thought wrong!
Anyway, I'm back and working on more of this segment of the concert please enjoy! Let me know what your opinions are. I have been hit with dozens of them so, it's not going to hurt me none.

This piece opens up where Neil and Chris have the spotlights on them sitting in front of the curtain. Then the song plays as some sensual type of tone. On the right side of the screen, you'll see the spotlights starting to show. You see Pam with the same zebra stripe design coat on, Sylvia putting on her nurse outfits as well as Derek putting his doctor coat on and then sit. Now the focus are on Pam since she will be singing along with Neil. Chris is still in his stripped attire from the previous act. This scene is supposedly at a mental hospital. The relation between Pam and Neil in here especially both singing a part where they feel trap, sounds almost intimate if possible. Pam takes the coat off and she's a nurse now; she sits next to Neil and they sing. Chris is sitting looking straight ahead. He stated in the commentary "It takes guts to sit on the stage and do absolutely nothing, not everyone could do it." I agree to a certain extent, if there's effort involved then yes, if not, then it's not. Sylvia is carrying out a wheelchair and gestured her finger towards Neil as to come over here kind of thing and Chris attempts to make a run for it, then Derek caught him before he escaped. I thought that bit was pretty funny, then you have Sylvia putting a patience cloak on Neil. Then the encounter between the two again, you really think something could have happened there, a spark if you will. Then Derek is putting a straightjacket on Chris almost the same one that Neil worn in "Yesterday, When I was Mad" video. If the lyrics was a tad different and if it came out in 1991 and not in 1994, it would have been added additional meaning to this particular piece I think. Chris is now going inside a block shaped cage which look like you can get a sense of being in a tight area especially if you're claustrophobic. Then you have Sylvia what it looks like injecting Neil with a stick or some syringe. Chris wondered why he didn't get claustrophobia while he was in there. and Neil responded because you can open the door. The commentary is really funny I'm telling you. The acting alerts on here were funny as well. Now Neil is being carried out in a wheelchair to electric shock therapy. Pam's role she seems like she feels sorry for him and seem like she giving him the look as if she wants to help him but can't. I don't know who imitated her "Wooh" voice, it's funny though. Now Neil is in shock therapy and Pam blows him a kiss goodbye. Chris is still locked in the little cube cage. They are officially gotten caught, they escaped police authorities but now in a mental hospital. The camera toward the end of the piece is going to a bird's eye view of Chris in the cage, and there's a tablet and a hammer or hatchet. What was funny that it was left there and it says "Pirhana Pam! :)." I can't really see the spelling but I know it's actually spelled piranha. I have to agree with Neil saying it's a nice shot of Chris, it very symmetrical at the same time randomly funny. I wonder if that was on purpose or a coincidence and who was they talking about, I'm sure there's more Pams here! I don't think that tablet was suppose to be there, but art wise, I guess it was meant to be there. But the way they zoom on top of Chris was a nice shot because well to me it reminded of two of their music videos: "Love Comes Quickly" because of how Chris was lying on top of some thing, that had that design with the transparent squares and then "Left to my Own Devices" because of how it was shot in an angle and some of the colors just reminded me of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment